When in treatment with braces it is possible that mouth ulcers may appear. There are many ways to treat ulcers and prevent them from appearing.
Methods to prevent mouth ulcers include:
- Using orthodontic wax when rubbing occurs.
- Maintaining good standards of oral hygiene.
- Regularly visiting the dentist.
- Eating a healthy diet.
- Avoiding foods that seem to cause ulcers such as acidic foods.
- Ensuring underlying medical conditions are managed properly.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent the braces rubbing on the inside of the mouth.
Most mouth ulcers heal by themselves but some of the options for easing the symptoms include:
- Over-the-counter pain relief creams and gels.
- Warm salty mouth rinse to help clear bacteria during healing.
- Drinking lots of water and avoiding spicy and sour foods.
- Maintaining dental hygiene.
- Treating aphthous ulcers with anti-inflammatory medication.
- Using waxing to help the inside of the mouth heal.
If you are in need of more wax, ethos orthodontics has a never ending supply. Please call us on 3349 5266 and we will post it out to you.