As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to spread, Ethos Orthodontics continues to monitor the situation closely and is committed to providing a safe environment for our team and our patients.
We will continue to practice the highest infection control standards to make sure everyone stays safe:
- Sharing best practice health tips with our team and keeping them updated daily
- Hand sanitisation stations at all of our Ethos clinics
- Patient by patient cleaning of treatment equipment and rooms
- Thoroughly cleaning all high touch areas with high-grade disinfectant — reception areas, door handles and treatment areas
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment and seek medical advice. Some common symptoms of coronavirus infection include:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
To help prevent the infection from spreading, we’ve put together a list of some simple things you can do:
- Wash your hands regularly — we touch our face roughly 50 times a day (that’s a lot!). Regular handwashing, particularly before and after eating, will reduce your likelihood of contracting COVID-19.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow as opposed to your hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is showing symptoms of a respiratory illness (mentioned above) or who is coughing/sneezing.
- Reduce your stress — chronic stress can lower your immune system. Make sure you’re drinking lots of water, exercising regularly and getting plenty of sleep.
Queensland Health is regularly updating its website with information on coronavirus if you’d like to read more about how you can protect yourself and others.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on (07) 3349 5266.