Brushing and flossing your teeth regularly will keep your mouth happy and healthy. Proper dental care with orthodontics takes only a little extra effort, but it will be well worth it. When your braces come off, you’ll realise it. It’s up to you to keep your entire mouth healthy so your soon-to-be straightened smile will last a lifetime.
- Brush after every meal; make sure you clean around the brackets of your braces well.
- Brush a couple of teeth at once.
- Use a soft toothbrush, replace every 3 months or so, or when the bristles fray.
- Brush your teeth at a 45 degree angle
- See your dentist every 4-6 months.
Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for at least two minutes after every meal, an electric toothbrush is ideal for getting into the crevices of your teeth with your braces. When you do brush your teeth, make sure you clean your teeth at the base of the gums, the insides and back of your teeth, as well as the brackets, making sure you get the spots under the wires.
You should replace your toothbrush every three months, especially since braces have a tendency to wear down brushes.