Spice dinner up with this delicious Mexican recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can Heinz Big Red tomato soup
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stoned, peeled
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour.
- Add the kidney beans and Heinz Big Red tomato soup and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the avocado in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash until almost smooth. Add the lime juice and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chilli con carne among serving bowls. Top with avocado and coriander leaves.