Whats better than when it gets a little bit colder outside to get into the kitchen and bake apple crumble. The whole house becomes filled with sweet aromas of vanilla and spice. Apple crumble is one of those comfort food dishes that is so simple to create and so delicious to eat.
- 6 Granny Smith (green) apples, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, paste or 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 50g butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). To make the topping, place the flour, sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Place the apple, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix to combine. Spoon the apple mixture into 4 x 1 cup-capacity (250ml) ovenproof dishes, sprinkle over the topping and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden.