Easy and delicious, even the kids will love this broccoli, spinach and potato soup.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable Salt Reduced
- 400g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 90g (1/3 cup) light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon bought basil pesto
- Fresh basil sprigs, to serve
- Crusty bread slices, to serve
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Spray with oil.
- Add onion and stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add stock and potato. Bring to boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach. Simmer for 1 minute or until just wilted. Set aside to cool. Add basil leaves.
- Blend one-third of mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat twice with remaining mixture.
- Cook soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine sour cream and pesto in a bowl.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with pesto cream and basil sprigs. Serve with bread.