broccoli and parmesan fritters
When it comes to great-tasting nutritional foods – broccoli is a favourite. So high in fibre, vitamins, minerals and great for detoxing the system – these fritters are the easiest way to incorporate broccoli into your diet. The trick is to cook them low and slow – patience, although difficult around delicious food, is a must! Serve as an easy dinner side or main – just add some greek yoghurt, a wedge of lemon and some extra parmesan sprinkled on top – yum!
Makes 8 fritters
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cup almond meal
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shaved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Greek yoghurt and lemon, to serve
1. Cut broccoli into florets and steam/boil until tender, but not mushy. Drain the broccili and set a side to cool.
2. Add the cooked the broccili, eggs, almond meal, lemon rind, parmesan, garlic clove and salt to food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. Add a little more almond meal if it seems too wet.
3. Heat olive oil in a large, non stick frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add a heaped tablespoon of the mixture to the pan and shape into a fritter. Repeat until you have 4 fritters cooking at once.
5. Turn down the heat - remember low and slow! Cook the fritters on one side until the golden (7-10 minutes) then flip carefully and fry for a further 5 mins unitl cooked through.
6. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining fritters.
7. Serve with greek yoghurt and fresh lemon.